La Clusaz is well known for its exceptional off-piste skiing, its unique geographical location and its impressive magnificent coombs. It has long become established as the hub of « Freeriding ». It comes as little surprise that the resort has been a veritable hotbed of champions for generations.
- Young freeriders are given top priority
- Equipment rental
- Event: LCZ Radikal Mountain
- A word from Edgar Grospiron and the list of our freeriders
Young freeriders are given top priority
The resort is working hard to encourage young freeriders to realise their full potential, and comprehensive training programmes have been developed within the 3 ski schools (ESF, ESI and Evolution2). Each programme is designed to develop awareness of the mountain and its dangers while also encouraging the spirit of competition. Over the season young freeriders are made aware of the importance of prevention and security while perfecting their freeriding techniques.
Find our professionals on our page dedicated to equipment.
A word from Edgar Grospiron
Olympic Champion in Albertville (1992), Bronze medal at Calgary Olympic Games (1988) Lillehammer Olympic Games(1994), triple World Champion (1989, 1991 and 1995), 31 World Cup victories.
«Freestyle is part of La Clusaz; there have always been skiers from here who were pioneers, constantly pushing the limits. The variety of the ski area and especially its outstanding quality develops certain versatility in skiers but also creativity. The reason there are so many champions from La Clusaz comes also from the support of its inhabitants and the solid structures within the resort, such as the Sports Club. When a village comes out to support a Champion the effect is immense; not only does it give the general public a figure they can identify with the resort but it brings together the whole village for each race. The very spirit of La Clusaz pushes the champions further to the top!»
On March 7 and 8th 2015, Edgar Grospiron celebrated the 20 years of his victory at the Freestyle Skiing World Championship of La Clusaz. Watch the vidéo of this event on youtube.
The freeride empire
- LOÏC COLLOMB-PATTON: Freeride World champion 2014, he finished 6th overall in the Freeride World Tour in 2015
- SÉBASTIEN MICHAUD: after 16 years of experience on the International circuit, he left competitive skiing after the final
stage of the Freeride World Tour 2013, l’XTrem in Verbier.
- MATHIEU BIJASSON: he took part in the illustrious Freeride World Tour 2013 after proving his talents in the
Freeride World Qualifier.
- LAURE VAILLY: 3rd overall in the Freeride World Qualifier (1st French) after a fantastic 2014/2015 season full of
Those to watch
- ARTHUR RASKIN: recently crowned Junior Freeride World Champion 2015 in Andorra. He was European Champion
and World silver medallist in 2014.
- ILLONA CARLOD: the French number one won bronze medal at the Junior Freeride World Champion 2015 in Andorra.
The next generation to look out for
Victor Pouvel, Tom Gratadour, Come Leyval, Baptiste Mermillod Poincy, Laura Da Costa, Charly Bogey, Oscar Mandin, and so many more young freeriders from La Clusaz who have a great future ahead of them!