You still haven't made your choice for this winter? Here are the 10 reasons that will convince you to come to La Clusaz during your holidays, with your friends or your family. From the authentic village, the activities, to the ride culture and the amazing esperience, you'll love it!
1. The mythical terrain
With 5 interlinked mountains, La Clusaz is a giant playground with an impressive range of activities for all. As you follow the line of the sun from the Etale massif to the Balme massif you can enjoy the best conditions throughout the day and year. The area peaks at 2600m altitude with over 1500m of descent direct to the heart of the village. You can enjoy the freedom of the mountains on skis, on foot or a bike, the choice is yours.
The best places to get the perfect Instagram shot: :
The Aries shaped sofa
The giant letters L.C.Z.
The footbridge of Balme
The Étale belvedere
2. The fun atmosphereThere are many terraces at altitude and along the slopes that lead direct to the village and the « after-sport » parties are a way of life in La Clusaz. The resort is well known for its warm and friendly atmosphere and its parties and events that go long into the night!
- The cocktail den: La Scierie
- The « must-go » pub: Les Caves de Paccaly
- The wine testing place: "Vins" quand tu veux !
- The place to party: Le Bal
- The cosy hideout: Le Bar du St Alban Hôtel & Spa
- The most local: Le Lion d’Or
- The after-ski: Le Bachal
3. The home of Freeride
There is a good reason why Edgar Grospiron, Candide Thovex and the rising freeride stars from La Clusaz started out here. Every year the resort is dedicated to providing Freeriders from beginners to the most experienced with an exciting challenge on the domain. When the snow has gone, free spirits continue to fly down the slopes, on bikes, on foot or even in the air. Riding free is the priority here.
4. Unique activities
From outdoor fun, wellness breaks or discovering the village culture, there is something for everyone here.
- New: the hanging walkway at the Col de Balme
- Surprising: Escape game
- Wellness: Massages and spas
- Relaxing: Aravis aqua center
- Close to nature: Ski joëring et Dog sledding
- Discover: The Hamlet of the Alps
5. Meet local characters in an authentic alpine village
The local figures in La Clusaz uphold the traditional warm welcome that the village is so proud of. The inhabitants are delighted to welcome you and share their enthusiasm for their typical alpine village where wood and stone are perfectly combined! Meet them in the shops, around the church square or just ask for directions in the street, welcoming strangers is one of the core values of the resort.
6. Set up your office
In La Clusaz, you can work at the side of the slopes in the brand new coworking space called « Le Pêle » before taking a break on your skis or snowboard. The Business Club La Clusaz was launched in 2019 to bring together companies and entrepreneurs who wish to support their resort. A hot bed of ideas in order to work in a new setting.
7. Memorable eventsYou can also find the friendly atmosphere that is so characteristic of La Clusaz at the heart of the many events it organises. In winter, don’t miss the LCZ Fest for the atmosphere of Freeski culture or the end of season events like the famous Confins Water slide, called the Défi Foly.
8. Get into all sorts of sports
In La Clusaz no matter your level as an expert or with a desire to learn, you are sure to find something to suit with the vast range of different sports on offer. All you need is a little motivation and with the help of the instructors in the resort, and discover snow in all its forms on a freeride excursion. You can also enjoy the ice rink and test the Ice Bumper activity.
9. Varied styles of accommodation
Whether you are looking for high luxury or just a place to meet up, you are sure to find what you’re looking for in the village. The typical alpine architecture of La Clusaz is never far, with slate roofs and stunning wooden chalets to enchant each stay.
10. Savour life
Reblochon lovers can discover the cheese in endless different ways in the delicious restaurants around the village, but also in the high-mountain farms. Everything works with Reblochon, from tartiflette, reblochonnade or tomme blanche ! Many establishments in La Clusaz are now offering an increasing variety of other dishes, combining flavours in an exquisite way while still using local products.