From 23th to 25th August 2019
Le Trail du Bélier ("The Ram's Trail") is a great initiation event taking the opposite approach to today's trend towards ultra-trails, making the activity accessible to all. For the 34th year, there will be 3 days of events in La Clusaz, with idyllic landscapes and varied sports settings, including woodland, flat and steep passages. Runners, walkers, children, adults and specialists can choose between 9 race formats for all levels, alone, with the family or friends.
"LE BÉLIER" HISTORY"Le Bélier" was created after an encounter between local inhabitants with the same passion for running and hiking (Joseph Pollet, Yvan Dorier, Didier Thevenet, Patrick Thevenet, among others). They quickly won the backing of volunteers in and around the town.
- 1989: Le Bélier was opened not only to runners and walkers, but to mountain-bikers, too. The MTB event continued until 1999.
- 1993: new heights are reached with the arrival of the "Agneau" event for runners and walkers.
- 1995: for the first time the event attracts 2,000 participants.
34 years later, the event is going from strength to strength, with over 3,000 runners and almost 1,500 hikers in 2018.
- Men's category: 1993 SANCHEZ M. Francisco, in a record time of 1 hour 47’ 17.
- Women's category: 2012 CAMBOULIVES Aline, with a time of 2 hours 07’ 11.
THIS YEAR'S RACESTHE TRAILS
- The Trail - 7 km | "Catch me if you can!"
- L'Agneau - 15 km | Cheese war
- Le Bélier - 27 km | The historic trail
- The Bélier Marathon - 42 km |
- The Super Bélier - 76 km | 3 days, 3 trails, 3 distances, 1 event
- The Bêêêlier relay | New in 2019
- The Kids' Trails
- The Hike - 13 km
- The Hike - 24 km
NEW THIS YEAR: THE BÊÊÊLIER RELAYSaturday 24 August 2019
The mystery race is at last revealed. Come and have fun on the new, even crazier Bélier race. This relay race in teams of two will get you running 4.5 km each in a short but intense race format! The race follows a 1.5 km circuit, and when you pass the baton, you must sound your bleat box (baa!)…
IT'S TIME TO REGISTER
Every year the Bélier Trail is fully booked! And from one year to the next, the event is fully booked a little bit earlier, so it would be a pity to miss out... You only have about a month to get ready to hit the Bélier Trail in La Clusaz!
YOUR STAY FOR THE ARAVIS BÉLIER
Book your stay for Le Trail du Bélier in a hotel from 38 €* per person per night!
* Price for a room for two people in a 2-star hotel (extra charge for breakfast and dinner).