La Clusaz is a hiker's paradise!
La Clusaz and the whole of the Aravis massif boasts an impressive range of hiking trails, from short family-friendly strolls to more advanced treks over several days and full day hikes. The mountain refuges in the Aravis will welcome you for a warming evening meal and a nights’ stay. As you pass through the summer meadows in flower, wonder at the splendid views over the snowy peaks of the Mont Blanc and the alpine lakes! Keep your eyes open to spot some of the local fauna; chamois, ibex or marmots or even the biggest bird of prey in Europe, the bearded vulture. Be inspired for an adventure at the Tête du Danay, Plateau de Beauregard, Lac de Tardevant or Col des Annes.
Some advice to get the most out of your hike
- An Aravis hiking map is available for sale (5€) or consultation from the Tourist Office.
- You can also buy the map online (secure online payment).
- Don’t hesitate to come and visit us at the Tourist Office, our advisors will be delighted to assist you for any additional information.
- Choose a trail depending on your level and time available.
- Make sure you check the weather conditions and stay up to date with any possible changes. Storms are frequent towards the end of the day in the mountains in the summer, it is preferable to head off in the morning.
- Check your equipment depending on the trail you have chosen: strong walking shoes, water, food, sun cream, sun glasses and extra warm clothing are the basics for any alpine hike.